
Aidan and daddy have been out of sorts this week. Aidan had a low-grade fever for two days and seems to be coming out of it nicely with the exception of a gunky nose. Rob is recovering much faster than usual also - praise the Lord! In the photo above, Aidan is resting with a library book on G. Gma Ruth's rocking chair with G. Aunt Marcia's blanket and G. Gma Olive's puppy dog (his FAVE toy!).
Still, Aidan has been clingy and life's happenings have seemed to come together all at once resulting in a few restless nights for me and 3 days without a shower (YUCK!). If you've seen my tweets (updates over to the right) lately, you know I've been down. I was getting desperate today and decided just to bring toys into the bathroom for him to play with and shower with the curtain half-open. That turned into a really fun game of mom-since-you-are-in-the-tub-take-my-bath-toys-and-play-with-them! He handed me his bath stickers one by one and pointed to where I should put them. Then he'd point and "tell" me which ones he wanted back and make me rearrange them. :) It was a long shower, but he miraculously never fussed that he was on the outside.

I feel much more human now that I've showered, and I've somewhat successfully baked the treats for tonight's craft group. I intended on making them (carrot cake muffins with cream cheese frosting from scratch) for Aidan's birthday, but waited for him to get over being sickly. We'll let him have at one tonight and take pictures for you. :) They taste... healthier... than I intended (that may be the one and only time you hear *that* from ME!), but they are pretty good. I let Aidan lick some of the frosting off of the spoon and he was pretty psyched. :)
Oh, and random tidbit: I wanna do THIS someday!
















No comments:
Post a Comment