Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Baby Shower Fun




Last Saturday I co-hosted a baby shower for our church friend Stacy. It was my first time being in on the planning and lemme tell ya - I think I'm addicted! My partner in crime, Denise, was wonderful to work with and had fabulous ideas (she's an old pro - haha, and she'd hit me if she read the "old" part)! Stacy was pleased and little baby Liam (1 month old already!) is cute enough to eat. I got to hold him for a while and would have gladly kept him. :)

Thought I'd share pictures of all of the wonderful decorations - hope they are inspiring if you're planning a shower soon!!



These first two are my creations, the second two were Denise.
Diaper cake on top and below are napkin "diapers" filled with cinnamon pecans.



These are cream cheese mints in dixie-cup booties and a diaper wreath. So fun!



We got the idea for the best game ever (pictured below) at this website (that has pretty much everything else shower related that you'll ever need as well) and had so much fun laughing with the ladies as they tried to guess which candy bar corresponded with each pregnancy/childbirth/mommyhood related phrase. Some samples:

"Mounds" ... Engorgement :)
"Take 5" ... Mommy's Nap Time
"100 Grand" ... Hospital Bill
"Snickers" ... Baby Laughs


3 comments:

Jess said...

Oh my goodness that all looks so amazing! Very clever :0) Who did the cake?! That looks incredible!

Anjanette said...

There's a new shop on the square in Liberty - Just Desserts I think it's called - and they took the invitation and used it to make that cake. We were super impressed!

amosclarkson said...

Looks fun! I LOVE to plan showers and such and my fantasy job would be to just plan parties/weddings/etc. for a living! Love the new blog layout, too!