Friday, January 16, 2009

Destructive Tendencies

Deconstruction... so much fun! Aidan is really moving and exploring lately! And he's in this great stage where he's tearing everything apart. I probable encourage it more than I want to by running and getting the camera every time he does something funny. :D





Blocks are harmless enough - which is a good thing b/c he sure does love tearing them down!



The castle that Mom built.


Mwahahaha!


His other favorite thing, however, is tissue. Oh, and he loves toilet paper, too. Tiffany reminded me that it's good for his motor skills development. I'm just glad we get free tissue here at Hillcrest.




Caught in the act.


And we can't forget the oven. The first time he opened it he surprised himself and fell back with the door. Now he's mastered that monster and thinks it's a great toy. No, we don't let him play in it - this picture is posed for remembrence. I promise we keep the oven locked now!


In addition to tearing things to shreds, Aidan is learning and growing like crazy!! This post is threatening a new record for length, but I can't help but share a few more things. The other day it occurred to me that he might be old enough now to start recognizing the animals on our flash cards. (They are seriously beautiful, way to go baby einsteins!) So I pulled them out and found a few that he's seen in real life (cat, dog, fish, bird) and then some fun ones. I of course made animal noises to go with each card b/c he never fails to be amused by my animal antics. But guess what???? This time when I made the ELEPHANT noise, he immediately copied me!!! And then the puppy, and then the lion! And then I thought to myself, "gee self, you should have been doing this weeks ago!" He pretty consistently makes the correct noise for a handful of animals now when he sees them. It's exciting and adorable.

And last tidbit of info: Aidan has FIVE teeth all of a sudden!!! And the sixth is just right there. He's been using them, too. Goodness gracious that boy can eat! I hesitate to post this next video lest you think we are the meanest parents in the world, but every parent gives their baby a lemon at some point, right? :P


No comments: