Saturday, May 30, 2009

Soooo Behind...

and I'm not sure when I'll catch up! I hope to make posts about most of these things individually, but until then, here's May for you all in a nutshell:

*I got a haircut.
*We planted tomatoes, basil, eggplant, and bell peppers.
*We attended the Hillcrest Walk for the Homeless on Sat. May 16th and Bob, Aidan, and I walked the 2 1/2 miles while Rob read a book held down the fort and made himself available to the staff.
*That night was Layman's graduation party. He's now Master Layman. :) Hard to believe I've known him for all three of his graduations (and still admit to it!). :) Proud of you friend.
*Had an awesome craft group night where I taught applique.
*We got the okay from our doctor to try and have another little guy or girl are are ecstatic. :)
*Went to Wichita for my little sister Patty's high school graduation. It was wonderful and nostalgic and I'm over-the-moon proud of her. Had a great time with family, and Aidan got to play in the sprinkler for the first time as well as spend some quality time at the park and along the river walk with grandma.
*Finished up one bible study this month that I will miss and started a new one that I'm excited about.
*We've been to multiple fun playdates this month and Aidan is loving the outdoors more than ever.
*He has started signing lots of new words including: cracker, banana, up, outside, please, and potty.
*My good friend Tiffany and I have decided to steal our respective kiddos from each other once a week to give each other a break and time to catch up on housework and whatnot. She took Aidan first and it was AWESOME to get so much done!!!
*It looks like a lot of Aidan's regression in being comfortable with the potty had to do with the "big boy" potty that I bought him. I got the old one out and he sat right down and went! He really is too big for it, but hey!
*Just today we FINALLY GOT A COUCH!!! YAY! And it's super comfy! Thanks Katie!!

I'll leave you with a few pictures and hope to get some good posts out soon.


This is the type of puppy we want - a Portuguese water dog. My little sister works at an animal hospital where there were two being boarded and she let us come and love on them. Aidan had a blast - it's so amazing how he's not at *all* afraid of animals, even when the dog barked (he had a big bark, too!).



He's such a good helper! He seriously waters the plants by himself ever day! It takes about a dozen times of me refilling his little watering can halfway (it's too heavy otherwise), but he does it! :D

Aidan "talking" to grandma on the phone - she's actually on speakerphone, but he still puts it up to his ear. haha!

No comments: