Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Not Pregnant :)

I'm sure you were all on the edge of your seats for the three hours I was gone. :)

Test at the doctor came up negative - so it's probably just Aidan's increase in nursing doing it.

My doctor cleared up some questions I had - says my prolapse looks fine, no worries. He thinks my uterus looks good to go for a second time. However, I do have nodules in each breast that need to be looked at. He says that they feel cystic and the fact that they are in both breasts in the same place suggests that it's just part of my particular breast anatomy, but he'd like me to get an ultrasound done on them before we try to conceive again.

Other interesting facts are that the blood loss I experienced after Aidan was born was almost entirely due to my tear and the condition that caused Aidan to have a short cord had a long name that I can't remember but basically meant that the placenta attached to the wrong place. He said if there would have been a partial abruption or something like I had hypothesized, there would have been dead spots in the placenta. So that was all random it seems and doesn't explain my first trimester bleeding. It does mean, however, that it is very unlikely that my uterus has sustained any damage.

Also, the new birthing suites at NKC aren't going to have tubs. Research Medical Center it is! And if/when we get pregnant again, my doctor offered to make sure that his midwives rather than his partners were my backup should he ever be out of town/unavailable.

There's your TMI update (number two) of the day. :)

No comments: