The people at I Heart Faces are honoring Breast Cancer Awareness Month this week. Make sure to stop by and check out the other entries. Here is mine:
There are five people living in our home (including baby-in-belly). One of them is "papa," the gentleman on the right in the above photo. Until April of this year, he lived in a different house. He lives with us now because that house was no longer home to him. It has been empty even when full since April 2007 when his wife, my husband's mother, my baby's grandma finally got to rest from her 11 year battle with cancer.
This photo was taken in November of 2006. What you can't know from just looking at this photo is that there is no hair under that hat, no breasts under her shirt. You can't know that until 30 seconds before this picture was taken, she was in a wheelchair and feeling ill. Now that you know, you might assume that she was frail. On the contrary - despite the wheelchair out of sight in the background, I assure you that SHE was holding him up.

















8 comments:
So sorry for your loss. It's a beautiful picture.
Thank you for sharing - it is so hard to lose someone so dear. What a sweet photo to capture that moment.
You brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful photo.
I am so sorry
i got chills reading this. i'm so sorry for your loss. what a lovely memory you have to cherish.
Great post and beautiful picture. Left me feeling very grateful for what I have and inspired me to lift up the people I hold dear in my life. Thanks for that.
It brought tears to my eyes to read this. What a beautiful tribute to a lovely, strong, courageous lady.
~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces
What a sweet photo and touching story...thanks for being so brave to share with us.
Post a Comment