Saturday, October 18, 2008

"perfectly proportioned"

I know I would be ridiculously proud of Aidan no matter how big or little adorable or grandpa-ish (you know what I mean) he turned out, but I do love hearing little praises from the doctor like the one in the title. :) He's in the 90th percentile for both height and weight. His stats yesterday were

22lbs 8oz and 30" tall

Also, we were in public for a long time yesterday and he wasn't asking to nurse so I tried substituting a meal of fruit and black beans (we were at a party, hehe) to tide him over and he loved it and ate and ate! I of course wouldn't ever do this on a regular basis and have no plans to wean him, but he's getting to be such a big boy!!! And he *loves* fruit!

He is getting up on his hands and knees from his tummy or from a sitting position now and will crawl a few steps if he's really motivated. :) There's a new baby in our building that is a month younger than Aidan and he's really enjoying the company. His mommy doesn't have daycare settled yet so I'm thinking about taking him on. I'm going to go ahead with the background check at the very least (she gets state assistance) and see what her schedule ends up being when she starts her job. Her little guy is the cutest thing (next to Aidan of course). His name is King. :D I'm sure I'll post lots of pictures soon. He's only a month younger but unfortunately hasn't gotten much attention at his previous sitters and he's not able to sit up on his own yet. He's also really light compared to Aidan so he seems about 3 months younger. He's a sweetie though, his mom is really laid back and he's a gentle little boy. I hadn't thought much about doing day care since Aidan was born even though we talked about it while we were pregnant. (My mom did child care when I was growing up and I always had playmates and my mom was really good at coming up with ways to entertain us.) I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't putting too much on my plate for Aidan's sake and I think now is good timing. So we'll see. :)

And as promised, here are our photos from Denver: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2016368&l=8b8d9&id=125300099

No comments: