
It's a good thing I have an understanding husband/family! I somehow managed to lose a diamond from my engagement ring last week! I discovered that it was missing on our way home from Bible study - it's not like I was playing hockey or something!!! We haven't found the diamond. :(
Unfortunately, this is *not* the first time I've demolished a beloved ring. My first opal was a very cherished gift from my mother and I wore it for quite a few years before I chipped the opal and bent the gold so out of shape I couldn't wear it any more. Couldn't tell you how it happened, either. Then came my high school class ring. Another opal. I smashed it into the table while playing ping pong at a graduation party. Sad day. I decided that opals are too fragile, as much as I love them (they are my birthstone, my middle name, and my great-great-grandmother's name). And now this. Please pray for my wedding set. haha!
It does give me an excuse to wear the lovely claddagh ring that my friend Tristin brought me from Ireland. When she gave it to me both of my ring fingers (the only ones it fits) were taken. Since there aren't any stones in it, I'm guessing it should fare well. geesh.
















1 comment:
Oh no!! I'm terrified of losing a diamond from my ring. I just paid a bunch to have the prongs redone (2 or 3 were broken off on top...I didn't know that they "should" be redone about every 5-7 years). Sometimes I get a feeling that one of my diamonds has gone missing but so far so good...
Post a Comment