I was looking through Hannah Keeley's (Hannah Help Me!) website and found this bit of timely wisdom as I am sorting through our things and trying to fight my pack-rat tendencies:
"The truth is this: while you are surrounded by an abundance of stuff, you are living with a lack of faith. You are afraid that if you step forward into new territory, there won't be provision for you."
Rob has made me infinitely better about this, but I am still finding the silliest things tucked away, empty food boxes, broken jewelry, magazine clippings, ancient almost-dried glue sticks etc. My crafty side has refused to get rid of so much b/c it can be repurposed, but that's just not realistic right now (if ever). Aidan is enjoying playing with things on their way to the trash can, which is kind of the point anyway, isn't it?
A little side note: I'm actually going to get to meet and eat lunch with Hannah Keeley at the end of September - I'm super excited. :D
















1 comment:
I love how our lives are connected...we both have to wait, and waiting well is a discipline of faith, isn't it? I am praying for you guys, hoping with you, and excited about all that lies ahead for our families.
Post a Comment