Friday, August 13, 2010

5 Months

Today is Cora's 5 month birthday!

She and Aidan continue to grow closer and closer. He more often talks to her than to me about her now. She responds with gratifying squeals and giggles. They are just too cute. We are so very blessed to be a part of their budding relationship. I can already look ahead half a year and see Aidan holding her hand and encouraging her in his sweet high pitched "I'm-talking-to-a-baby" voice as she takes her first steps.


I had the opportunity to weigh her early last week, so I even have some 5 month statistics for you! She's 19lbs and 29inches!! I'm sure if you are comparing her in your mind right now to your 5 month old, or your kiddo when they were five months, you have wide eyes and an open mouth. For those of you who don't - those measurements mean she's completely off the charts for her age. Aidan was too (in fact, they are following the same curve so far), but it was a little less surprising in a boy.

I love my big girl. I'm sure I'd love her just as much if she were itty bitty, but it is so much fun snuggling and playing (she already loves to rough-house with us!) with her chubbiness. I could eat her up. ;)

She can just about sit up by herself without pillows around her - I'd say give it two weeks and she'll be a pro. She's rolled over both ways (see videos in previous posts), but she doesn't do it often. She hates laying down now that she can sit up. Aidan was the same and I imagine that's one of the reasons he never crawled. I'm hoping that the larger space we're moving into will encourage her to want to move on her own before he did (walking at 10 months).

Her front bottom teeth are just about ready to peek through and she's sometimes cranky on account of the pain, but she's mostly just drooling a lot. She loves to reach out and grab things - she's got great aim, just not much muscle control. Usually she ends up punching the object/person a few times before she gets a good grip. :)


She does NOT like the car unfortunately. She rarely sleeps in them anymore and some days she starts crying as soon as I sit her down into the seat. I'm happy to have a reason so stay home more - I'm not a big fan of being in the car myself to be honest!

Oh, and she loooves dogs/cats/animals! She gets so super excited when she sees them, and giggles like crazy when she gets puppy kisses. That's a good thing, because we have decided to take in our friend's chocolate lab, Sebastian, when we move. He's 5 years old and a sweetie. Aidan loves him too. Will post pictures soon.

2 comments:

Bri said...

OMG...she IS a big baby! Carter seems pretty big for his age (he'll be one next weekend) but she is the SAME height and weight as him! You sure know how to grow em :)

Anonymous said...

LOL...Carter here, too!

Cora is SOOOO adorable!! I'm loving the chub, too! Carter is definitely on the bigger side as well (mostly in height, though I need to measure him) but his weight gain is slowing since he's on the verge of crawling- he's staying around 18ish lbs now. Still, like twice as big as both Ivey and Bethany at this age! LOL

He's working on sitting up, too. He can balance front to back really well but needs to perfect side to side. And he's had 2 bottom teeth for over a month!! I couldn't believe how early he got them, it was like 4 months!

I love your updates! It's so fun to watch these "due date buddy babies" grow!