Monday, March 22, 2010

Cora's 1 Week Check-up

Our little girl isn't so little! She weighed in today at 9lbs!!!! Of course, she had a cloth diaper on and had a full belly, but still! She was 7lbs 12oz at birth and 7lbs 6oz when we left the hospital! That means she's gained over a pound in a week any way you look at it! Geesh! :)

She looks great - no concerns.

We left the hospital so quickly that they didn't have time to remove her cord clamp, so we had to go to the hospital nursery after our appointment today to get it taken off. The nurse apologetically asked us if she had forgotten to take it off before we were discharged and we assured her that we just left quickly. She then said, "oh! I remember you! I keep telling people that my favorite part about your birth is that you had her at 15:02 and started breastfeeding at 15:03! You know how to have babies!!"

Haha! She even remembered Cora's delivery time! Crazy! I love it! :D

3 comments:

Bri said...

That is an excellent way to be remembered! Much better than what I was remembered for...lol. So glad she is doing well!

Anonymous said...

Holy moly! She's nearly caught up to Carter already and he was 9lbs 10oz at birth!! (he's just now reaching his birthweight at 3 weeks...he lost a lot of fluid after the birth).

Awesome about having such an attentive nurse! That's so great. Carter was our first baby that we had to clip the cord clamp off with fingernail clippers, and it made my stomach churn. LOL I don't remember how we took Bethany's off, and the clippers weren't much different than the thing they use in a hospital, but still...that close to a still pretty "raw" cord freaked me out!!!

Glad you guys are doing well! Cora is a doll!

amosclarkson said...

Yay! She's quite the nurser it seems! I look forward to hearing how the adjustment is going :)