Thursday, February 4, 2010

Why I Love...


I don't participate in carnivals often b/c I feel like I need the freedom to post whatever is recent or convenient on this blog (as opposed to the food blog where I just need to make sure to POST!), but this new one from Start Dreaming is *perfect* for me right now. :)

This week's theme is Why I Love... Being Pregnant!

Oh let me count the ways! :D

*I LOVE knowing that there is a new unique human being *growing* inside of me that God is "knitting together." It's just mind blowing to think about the miracle of it!

*I love the blessing that it is to have something new, exciting, and simply fantastic to share with others.

*I love the community and fellowship that comes with pregnancy - women are truly remarkable.

*I love seeing and feeling the pride my husband takes in helping to create such a miracle.

*I love the mystery of it all. Will the baby be a boy or a girl? Have blond or brown hair? Blue or brown eyes? Be laid back or rambunctious? Will she come when she's "due?"

*Baby clothes. 'Nuff said. ;)

*I love feeling baby react to my movement - and feeling the connection of my life nurturing theirs.

*I love choosing names (though that's usually done within days of the positive test! lol!)

*I love the hope for the future that pregnancy brings. Being pregnant forces you to look forward rather than back.

*I love "expectant moms" parking spaces at grocery stores! lol!

I could probably dedicate an entire blog to this topic, so I'll stop before I get carried away. :) Link up your own post and check out others at Start Dreaming.


1 comment:

Dee said...

I LOVED this post! So many things I didn't even think of here. Like the hubbie thing! They really do have such pride and can't stop sharing about it can they? Love that...

Thanks so much for sharing!!! This was a great post!