Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We're Back

We didn't say we were going anywhere, but we're back now. :) My sister Aubrey brought to my attention that by telling our blog readers we were going out of town, we were advertising an empty apartment to the world. She's right, so I'm working on mentioning those things after the fact.

So... we spent the weekend in St. Louis (still) working on Bob's house. It's coming along quickly and we hope to be done soon. Then of course, someone has to buy it... yikes!

The car trip was less enjoyable than usual since pregnancy + 4 hours in a car = yucky motion sickness. Plus, Aidan had a harder time sitting still now that he can tell us very clearly that he wants "out" and "down." :) So we did this and similar things the whole way:



Now that we're back, we're inundated with produce that we couldn't eat while we were gone. I have 4 zucchini, 3 yellow squash, 4 small pattypan (spaceship squash), 3 cucumbers, 3 bell peppers, 2 tomatoes, an eggplant, and as many potatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots as you can shake a stick at. Any ideas??

And our little "garden" is doing well. We've got 5 tomatoes growing, 4 banana peppers, and the basil, eggplant, and pimentos look great. Gotta get these veggies in before more ripen!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...BOY THAT SOUNDS LIKE A VEGGIE LASAGNA AND SAUCE TO ME WITH A SALAD ON THE SIDE...YUM.

Aubrey said...

OK--do you know how often I'll be watching that video when Kaeleigh gets sight of it? :) Super cute!

I felt a little bossy reading that post about myself. :)

Love you guys lots and glad you're home and done with the road trip. Oy. I hear ya.