Saturday, July 18, 2009

More Indoor Fun

Aidan is getting more interested in being creative, and I'm finding more fun things to try.

Stickers are an almost daily activity - he loves sticking them all over himself and sometimes paper. Mostly himself though. :)


An empty chopped onion container and spaghetti noodles. He puts them through the holes, twists the lid on, shakes and plays with it, then takes the lid off, dumps them, and starts over.



And we tried finger painting for the first time!! He loved it almost too much! He was so upset when we ran out of paper and paint that I had to resupply him three times!




My friend Holly also bought me this book: Slow and Steady Get Me Ready and it's been a great help! I'd highly recommend it!

He's enjoying reading much more than before and still loves to color (though if you look closely at his legs in the second photo up there you'll see that he has started coloring on himself and unfortunately did a number on all of our white doors in our hallway last week).

He's also turning into a little ham. We had a fun photo shoot today with him playing with my (very dirty and burned) oven mits. Unfortunately he moved around too quickly for many of them to turn out well, but it sure was fun seeing him realize that a photo was being taken of him and that he should pose. :D





And on an unrelated note, we have color in our "garden." yay!

2 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Eli likes oven mitts, too! How IN THE WORLD do you make sure no paint gets on the walls & floor! That is the first thing I thought of when I saw those painting pictures. Even when we do art stuff at the table, it ends up on the floor and all over. Eli loves to explore what will happen when things are thrown....as poor Aidan experienced at the park a couple of weeks ago!!

Anjanette said...

Aidan is my "neat and tidy" boy. He likes to stay in boundaries and asks me to wash him when he gets dirty. I'm probably going to have a rude awakening when #2 gets here and is his opposite! :)