Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Heart Faces: Beginners



The people at I Heart Faces are doing something special for us this week, they are allowing us beginners to enter our photo into a separate category. To qualify as a beginner we have to meet at least three of the following:

Have you recently started taking photos or taking photography more seriously?
• Do you have NO idea how your camera works yet?
• Are your skills average or below average?
• Are you clueless when we talk about Aperture?

• You don't even know what editing means.... let alone have an editing program for your photos?
• Are you willing to be open for constructive criticism from the other participants?


That's me! The theme this week is Messy Faces. I think one of my biggest challenges is capturing a candid photo quickly that still comes out well framed, focused, etc. When it's not posed I'm sometimes at a loss as to how to capture the moment. I'd love thoughts and suggestions! Here's my entry:


This is Aidan at 6 months old after enjoying his first blueberries. :D Don't forget to stop by I Heart Faces to see all of the other "messy" entries!

2 comments:

Corrine said...

what a sweet little baby!

Jaden Paige said...

CA-UUUTTEE! Lol... I love how he got it way up onto his forehead!

It's hard for us beginners to catch the right shot. I have the hardest time because my hands are very shaky, and I know that shots look better without a flash, but that also makes them blurry... I'm hoping joining this group will teach me a thing or two!

Great entry for the week! Good luck :)