Friday, August 1, 2008

Social Bug

We've had our plates full lately and it's been grand. We just added another playgroup to our agenda today. It is a nursing moms group and meets every Friday at the hospital near us. There were probably 20 women and their children there this morning - I was very impressed! They let you weigh your little ones every week and Aidan is now 19lbs 8oz. That's 4oz in 2 weeks. I think he's slowing down a bit finally. haha.

So that play group is in addition to the group that has been meeting at the water park on Mondays and our once a month La Leche League meeting. And then there's church, Bible study, craft group, and Wed. fellowship! Aidan is becoming quite the little social bug!

I also babysat a 1 year old the other day and they were too cute together. Aidan's not much smaller than Adam and was delighted to have a playmate. :)






Mommy and Daddy are getting quite a bit of grown-up socialization, too. I love Summer. We've been going to the free concerts and movies on Thursday nights and we're planning a camping trip with some friends on Labor Day weekend. Next weekend is free theater in the park with Layman and Libby. :)

And my Kimberly is back from Japan!!!!!!!!!!

On top of all of that, I've decided to audition for the KC Symphony Chorus next week. Wish me luck! It'd be a bunch of fun. I think Aidan is ready to be left with Rob for a few hours at a time - especially since he's taken an interest in our food and drink. We went ahead and let him start using his first SIPPY CUP!!! I can't believe how much he enjoys it!!!


Pray for Rob - Aidan and I will be visiting family in Denver from Aug. 11-16th and he's not looking forward to being alone. I'm not looking forward to leaving him, but he has no vacation time yet. :(

Don't want to leave on a sad note though, check out my food blog - I just posted a run-down of all the yummy things we ate this week:


No comments: