Monday, May 12, 2008

First Mother's Day

My mom and sisters came to visit this weekend and we had a great time. I had to pick up and organize donations from the postal service's food drive and I would never have been able to sort through and put everything away in time for our Sunday meeting without them.

Hanging out with Aunt Catlin

Aunt Patty and Grandma


Napping With Grandma

They left around 5pm on Sunday and the "community living" meeting I lead here started at 6pm. About 1/2 way through the meeting I started feeling really dizzy. My body already ached but I thought that was because I carried so many bags of canned food earlier. After eating something didn't help the diziness, I decided to check my temperature.

101 degrees!!

I can't even remember the last time I had a fever! Right after I took my temp I sat down to nurse Aidan and noticed that my right breast was a little tender and red. Aha! I got out my "Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" book and read up on breast infections. I also called my friend Jen who has struggled with infections recently. It's strange to me that the fever set in before I noticed anything with my breasts since from what I've read it's usually a plugged duct that leads to infection. As the night wore on it became more and more obvious that it was definately a breast infection. I went straight to bed with Aidan and let him nurse to his hearts content to try and drain any blocked ducts. My fever rose to 102 and was still there this morning. I stayed home from work (I'm still going to the pregnancy center a few times a week) and stayed in bed. My fever went back and forth between 101 and 102 until it suddenly broke at about 3:15pm. I felt an immediate difference. I've been at 98 degrees since then! yay!

So quite the mother's day adventure. I still feel a little bit out of it, but I hope the worst is over! I'll leave you with a picture of me and my adorable baby that my friend Kim took of us:

No comments: