Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Normal-Sized, Full-Term Baby! :)

Had another appointment with the midwife yesterday and it went much better than any of the others have. She was much more sociable. My GBS (group B strep) test came back negative (very good - no pressure to take anti-biotics during birth) and baby looks good. The midwife was thrilled at my fundal height ( basically how big my uterus is) because I am measuring 35" at 37 weeks. The general rule is that it should be within 3 inches of the number of gestational weeks. Lately she's been having lots and lots of large babies come through and she's exited to have a "normal" sized one. haha. Now, I think that "normal" is unfair and that she's not the one who gets to decide what that should mean, but I did feel very reassured by her guessing that the baby is about 7lbs at the moment. 7lbs is do-able. :) Baby will grow a lot between now and when Baby Day comes, I hope, but at least I'm not looking at an already 9lb baby! Of course, she could also be wrong!


In any case - our due date is in 18 days!! wow!! I'm definitely feeling baby get bigger every minute, but I'm still comfortable. Rob is loving the anticipation. People from work (and everywhere else) have been so kind and he's been bringing home a present for baby every day! I'm glad we got rid of our couch and bed!! lol!


The baby shower in Wichita was amazing. I had a ton of fun and I hope everyone else did too! I got to see lots of people that I've been missing and the organizers (my mom, Jen's mom, and Jen's cousin Sarah) did an excellent job. Jen is going to pop any day it seems - already dialated to 3cm - so I'm guessing our babies will be more than the 5 days apart that our due dates are. Libby saved the day and drove down there with me so the trip went really quickly - wasn't even uncomfortable in the least to be in the car for 3 1/2 hours. We got some very generous and adorable gifts and I had a great time sorting through them with Rob when I got back that evening. :)


I'd love to show everyone pictures of our new setup and I intended on having some better belly pictures ready for today, but sadly my camera has perished. My pregnancy brain contributed to it falling from a tall height and it isn't recovering. We managed to get a few (silly and not very centered) photos last night before it definitely died. It turns on occaisionally for a few seconds, but the last time we tried to take a picture there was an error in saving it to the SD card. So, I'm going to get a new battery for Rob's camera today and we should be good again.


Here's a 37 weeks, 2 days photo for you:



Other new stats for this week are that I've gained 2lbs, so I'm at 172. My fundal height was 34" last week, so it's grown an inch. No contractions yet - not even practice ones. :)

No comments: