Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wow, talk about a roller-coaster!

Well, for being non-viable that is the most active baby I have ever seen. :D

I have no idea what is going on, but our baby's heart rate is at 150bpm this morning and he/she was jumping all around to get away from the scary ultrasound! I saw baby jump 3 times in 2 minutes! And the heart was unmistakable! We then listened with the doppler to be sure our eyes weren't deceiving us and there's no denying that there's a strong heart somewhere in there.

The midwife said, "I have absolutely no explanation for you." And I said, "well, I have a lot of people praying for me." :) Thank you all who have been dedicating time to praying for our baby's safety - you had more faith than me. I was sure I would see the worst today. We still have no idea why my HCG is down and why I am cramping, so we are going to go see an ultrasound technician on Friday who can tell us all the specifics about how big baby is, where the placenta is located, and anything else that may be causing problems.

Lot's of people have emailed and said things along the line of "I'll pray that your baby will shock us all and have a strong heart and not a thing wrong on Wednesday," and I've just kind of smiled and nodded. Looks like you got your prayers answered! Please continue to pray. And if all looks well on Friday, please pray for my enthusiasm! I want to be excited but I'm afraid I'll find out something weird on Friday and be let down. Rob will be there on Friday (he couldn't make it today) and that will help tremendously. Anyway, good news for now! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HALLEL-FREAKIN-LUJAH!

Man! I just had a good feeling about this this morning!

God is great!!