Monday, October 25, 2010

Our Baby Girl is Growing!!

Cora turned 7 months old a week and a half ago!

Last week, I had the honor of being with my friend Katie as she labored and prepared to meet her little Margaret.She labored in the same hospital, in the SAME ROOM as I did 7 1/2 months ago. The experience was surreal for a number of reasons, not the least of which was that I'd never seen anyone labor but myself, but the most intense part for me was all of the memories and emotions that came flooding back. I even got a chance to reminisce a little bit with my (our) OB and he could hardly believe it had been 7 months either.

She's already grown from this:


To this:

She's reaching out onto her hands and knees, standing and walking with help, making "ma-ma" "da-da" "ba-ba" and other sounds, expressing preferences and dislikes in very recognizable ways, laughing robustly, and recently she started EATING SOLIDS! We started a bit earlier this time (though not early in general) and let me tell you, this girl loves her food!


She has SIX teeth already and loves chewing, so anything that has a little give is a big hit. She hasn't developed her pincer grip yet, so she's not making things to her mouth on her own. Aidan was by this age and I'm learning that this hand-eye coordination stuff might be a bit influenced by gender (or by the fact that I'm the clutz in this marriage). She also LOVES water. You'd think I was giving the girl hot chocolate (or a bold coffee - mmmm...)! Here's video evidence:


She's in 12-18 month clothing (she's beating Aidan at this age because she's fatter than he was!) and doesn't show any signs of stopping. She and Aidan have so much fun together and I am SO SO SO blessed to be mommy to these two! Every day is filled with fantastic moments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun (and a little bittersweet) to look back and see how much they've changed? We did a lot of that this past week as we celebrated Gianna's first birthday. Just FYI, I clicked on the video and it said it was unavailable :(

Anjanette said...

Hmm... the video is working for me, you should try again. The direct link to the video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkF9HQktGy8 for anyone else having trouble.

kelly said...

oh wow, she's really grown fast! i can't believe it's been seven months! that video was so adorable! i really want to see your kids in person some time! and you too, of course!! <3<3

Corrianna {SouthernMother} said...

Hi! I found your blog on themomblogs.com & wanted to invite you to join some Missouri Mommy Bloggers on Facebook!
Go to http://on.fb.me/MO-momb, click "like" and introduce yourself over there! :)