Friday, October 22, 2010

Impossible to Catch Up

I'm terrible at keeping a personal journal. I like the idea, and I own two or three that are partially filled. I just always feel obligated to recount ALL of the events that have transpired since my last writing and since that's daunting, if not impossible, I rarely muster the energy to write at all.

 That's how I'm feeling about this blog right now.

So I'm going to make a list. I won't promise that I'll complete it, but here are some of the things I want to update you about:
  • Our new house!
  • Our new dog!
  • Our Labor Day and Wichita vacations
  • Cora starting solids
  • the Hillcrest Gala
  • Our preschool curriculum
 Right now I'm pretty tired and recovering from a sleepless night due to being with my lovely friend Katie while she labored before delivering precious Margaret Rose yesterday evening. I had to come home before Margaret arrived, but the 11 hours I was with Katie were amazing. Praise God for creating our wonderful bodies! Here's a pic of the pretty laboring lady after more than 10 hours!:


Margaret Rose Van Duyn was born at 6:04pm on 10/21 she weighed 8lbs 4oz

Can't wait to meet her tomorrow!!

If you want to see pictures of our family, I've uploaded a bunch of photos from the Summer on Facebook. Oh, and I updated the blog logo with a new picture of the kids, so you kind of get an update on them, too! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way with my blog. I just got back into updating it more regularly after three months away from it. I'm glad to be keeping it up now, though. It's nice to have it when I really NEED it!

October 21st must be a good day to have babies, that's Gianna's birthday :) Tell your friend Katie congratulations!