Saturday, May 1, 2010

Barr Family Happenings

I haven't been updating as consistently as I'd like, but it's not because there's nothing to update! We've been happily busy and there's just not much time to blog. Plus, at the end of the day I feel more like sitting on the couch with a cup of tea and an episode of 24 than uploading photos. :)

That being said, I *do* have photos uploaded now, so here's what we've been up to the last few weeks:

Fairy Tale Vilage/Fritz's/Crown Center:




This was a great (and free) exhibit at crown center that we attended at the beginning of April with our playgroup friends. One of the moms did a better job of getting photos than me for sure - you can see hers at her blog.

After that fun, we went to a train-themed restaurant that had a track with a little train that delivered our food and a big train booth to sit in outside. It was definitely a hit!





We also wandered around Crown Center with our friends Tiffany & Lily - they found yet another train!!


Aidan & Cora getting to know each other better:


Kite Festival:

Saturday, April 17th Cora and I went to a women's conference with guest speaker Dee Brestin while daddy and Aidan went to an awesome kite festival at Longview Community College!





Papa Bob:

Unfortunately Bob has been in the hospital half a dozen times in as many weeks. It turned out that his pelvic bone was broken, not his hip, and he also had a bad reaction to the strong pain killers they put him on. He's needed a little extra help to get around and get some things done around the house, so we've seen him at least every other day since Cora was born. Aidan is loving the extra time with Papa, and I'm sure Bob's happy to get the time with both of the kiddos.



Spring Weather:





Our pastor's family gave us a few riding toys that Aidan loves, and we've all enjoyed being able to play outside.

Cook Out:

A local church treated our Hillcrest residents to a cook out and concert on Thursday night. We all had a ton of fun!






Asian Heritage Festival:

Today was the Asian Heritage Festival at Rob's library! It's an annual event and this is Rob's second time organizing it. They did a great job - there was lots of fun to see and do. I didn't get many photos this year unfortunately, but you can see some at the library's website. Our friends Helen and Les (Aidan's god-grandparents, our friend Layman's parents) came into town for Layman's birthday (old man!) and stopped in to say hello too. It's always a treat to spend time with them. :)




Also, it's farmer's market season! I posted about our trip on my other blog (check it out - and while you're there click around to a few other posts!), but here are a few more pics:



Now you're up to date! :D

1 comment:

kelly said...

that was an epic post! i DO feel up to date :) Aw, Anjanette, I love your family! I want to comment on a favorite picture or event, but it all looks fun. I guess I love the cookout pictures. I'm ready for summer too :)