After a good night's sleep we set out for the camping portion of our vacation. The drive out was beautiful as we followed the mountain range south and west. Aidan didn't even seem to mind the 5 hours.

We had time to settle into our camp before the sun went down and because it was a cool evening we ate dinner and dessert by the fire and settled in for an early night. Aidan couldn't get enough of being outside and thought the fire pit was the best toy ever. Thankfully he understands the concept of "hot!"
Next morning we decided to tackle the dunes. The weather was perfect - sunny and cool. We filled up our water bottles, strapped Aidan into the backpack, and hit the sand. I've not spent much time on beaches, but this sand can't really be compared to any beach I've ever seen. There's just so much of it! It's hard to fathom how deep it is. I'm so glad we got to experience something so unique.



We heard that we could camp on the dunes if we wanted to - just as long as it was on the other side of the first summit so that we didn't mess up the photos or view of tourists. We were considering it until we climbed up to that summit. Rob went first and it was even hard for him! I wasn't even sure I wanted to try it at 3 1/2 months pregnant, but I took an easier route and frequent breaks. I met Rob at the top and we came down together. Bob even made it up eventually after we came down to wait with Aidan! There was no way we were doing it again though - especially not with tents and packs on our backs!



We took tons of photos b/c it was so picturesque. Aidan wasn't intimidated by the steep hills at all and begged daddy to slide down them with him on their bottoms over and over. Enjoy these photos and videos. :)


















1 comment:
What BEAUTIFUL scenery!!
Post a Comment