Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Playing Catch Up

There's got to be something wrong with me...

I cleared my day today in anticipation of the Baby Reading Time at our new library. Aidan was too young for the group at our old library. So I rushed around to get there by 9:30am, got there at 9:40 because I took a wrong turn (on the 1.5 mile car ride!) and found out that it actually starts at 9:15am and I missed in entirely. Someone also checked out the book I thought I'd pick up but didn't put on hold because I never imaged it would be picked up by someone else between last night and today. And here's the kicker... I totally started to tear up out of frustration. :( I literally had to go sit down for a while to get my emotions under control. Aidan saw the lion mural and took off without me, snapping me back into the present. Thank you God for giving me this darling little boy to remind me how awesome my life is. :)


I have also been super-forgetful this week. I am exhausted. I am 90% sure I'm not pregnant, so I must be fighting getting sick.

In any case, I finally found the charger for our camera and I have a moment to upload our photos, so here's a recap of our St. Louis trip:

The weekend before last was a whirlwind. We had wonderful family come over to help us on Saturday and everyone enjoyed themselves entirely too much... We (really, *they* the Rob and Kurt and Katie) smashed and tossed over 1400POUNDS of furniture and trash!



Their first strategy for getting it all out of the house and compressed enough to fit in the dumpster was to chuck everything off of the back deck. As you can see (well, hear...) in the videos below, Aidan was *not* a fan of all of the grunting and the projectiles.








Then they uncovered an axe, a hammer, and a flail (!!!) and decided to drag things onto the front lawn and bash them. It was like being in a theme park for our "men." :P


It only took a few hours in the morning to completely empty the house of all of the things that needed thrown away. We took a break and went to lunch with family:


Then packed things into the U-Haul and crashed for the night:

Sunday we went to Easter brunch with the other side of the family and then drove home to settle Bob into our new apartment. It has been going well since then. His restless leg syndrome is really a bummer - it keeps him in bed most of the day. We have an appointment on Friday to try and get a new doctor's opinion. We've been able to hang out with friends in the evenings and/or spend time playing games and watching movies. We are all very comfortable together and I think our family will blend just fine. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers, and thanks to you friends who have had us over or come over this last week. Bob is feeling welcome:

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so out of sorts. :( I hope the sunny day is helping!

How funny to see those boys....how often do you get a chance like that?! lol

Love you guys!

Jess said...

hey! ok i'm a bit behind i suppose...why were you trashing a house to move him in with you? lol

Anjanette said...

haha! Well, the "trashing" is a side product of moving him in a short amount of time from a run-down house in another city. He's living with us now so that he's not alone and we get a live-in grandpa! :)