Thursday, November 20, 2008

Problem solving

I know that it is the privilege and responsibility of every parent to be ridiculously excited by the developent of their children. I also know that I thought it was hilarious to see a mom oo and ah over a new tooth or a funny gesture, and how I laughed that every mom (and dad and grandparent) thinks that her child is "so advanced" or "way ahead." I still think it's pretty funny - but now I understand.

Oh what a blessing children are! And what a joy it is to see them grow and learn - whether they are ahead of the "schedule," behind, or right on time. The first time for everything is wonderful no matter when it happens - and so is the second for that matter! :)

Aidan is changing every single day. It's mind-boggling. I have a few videos to share that illustrate my point. The first is of him doing something that he's been doing for weeks - playing with the vcr buttons. This time though, when I decided to film it, he discovered the tv buttons!! He now knows how to turn the tv on, push play on his fave video, and if he doesn't like the place it's in - he'll hit fast forward!!! I kid you not!!

The second video is him walking behind the dolly stroller/walker toy that we have here at Hillcrest. He's getting very good at walking while holding on to anything and has even mastered using the wall for support now. My fave thing about this video is that when he gets stuck you can tell the wheels start turning in his head and he tries to move the toy and then finds another way around his dilemma. He's just soooo smart! haha!







And another adorable photo of the little guy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love seeing videos of my cute little nephew. :) And I am so with you on how fast they change and how much they learn! Kaeleigh just learned how to open doors (uh oh). Something new every day! Love you