Aidan has been making up lost sleep during the day. He'll wake up from a nap and rub his eyes and fuss until I nurse or rock him back to sleep. He'll repeat that two or three times before he's really awake enough to get up. poor guy. I know you moms will be able to relate to the laughable scenes that have been played out here these last few days - I've had to do some major gymnastics to get him and keep him to sleep.
Every time he falls asleep I have to begin the slow process of trying to extract myself from the bed without waking him. First I had to get him to release his grip on my thumb, then lay his head down on the bed, then uncurl his legs from around my middle, then snuggle the blankets next to him as I slowly sit up so that he doesn't feel a temperature difference. And this last time just as I thought I was free, I realized that he was laying on my cardigan - the one that I was still wearing. I had to squirm my way out of it without disturbing him. Had to take a picture for you:
And of course, daddy just came home early feeling ill (probably lack of sleep) and the door woke Aidan up. *sigh*
















1 comment:
i know how that extraction process goes :)
Post a Comment