I apologize for the sporadic posts and absense of photos. Our computer is temporarily (we hope) out of comission while we wait for replacement hardware.
Aidan had a checkup today - He's 5 months already!!!! We haven't been to see a doctor since his 1 month check-up (praise God for his good health) so our weight and measurement statistics haven't been very exact up to this point. It's fun to have the official numbers to report.
He's 19 lbs, 4oz. 28 1/4 inches long. 17 1/4 inch. head measurements. :)
He's off of the growth charts completely. The doctor was very kind and competant. He also didn't give us one bit of flack about anything. He said he'd be very interested to follow Aidan's growth and see how big he gets and how quickly. haha. He also asked me how long I intended on nursing Aidan. I said, "at least a year and then we'll see." and he smiled and said sarcastically, "well it's obviously not working." :D
He said that Aidan's heart, eyes, ears, etc. look great and that he has excellent neck control and seems very strong. He was pleased with how well Aidan stands (it's his favorite thing right now). He only mentioned vaccinations long enough to acknowledge that the nurse had written on our chart that we aren't doing them. No questions or comments.
I feel very blessed that we've had such luck with nice doctors and that we've been so healthy. God could have knocked my pride down in a much harsher manner but He's just chosen to prove me wrong. I like it when things are painless, I have to admit. :) It was important for me to learn to be less antagonstic toward doctors and this has been a good experience. I still feel like I can defend myself and my family if need be, but I've learned that thankfully it's not always necessary to jump the gun. Yay for little bits of wisdom gained.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment