Friday, March 21, 2008

Surprising (and sometimes lovely) things about being a mom

*I'm pretty darn ambidextrous
*Our laundry load has TRIPLED
*8 hours of sleep is negotiable
*My hair doesn't look too terrible after 3 days without a wash
*I have a reason to belt out disney songs again!
*dancing a baby in a sling is actually a good workout
*I love housework
*I really have become one of those people who doesn't mind baby boogers, poop, pee, drool, etc. I never thought that would happen!

I'm sure there are many many more that I'm not remembering. :)

Wish us luck/prayers! Today we are officially switching over to cloth diapers. I had put him in one every once in a while, but hadn't been consistant with it because so many people gave us disposables that it was too tempting to have one less thing to adjust to. We did a trial run yesterday evening and last night and I brushed up on what I had read about cleaning and caring for them, folding prefolds, etc. So today is really it! I have yet to experience the first baby poo in cloth. weee! ;P I have to say that Aidan is pretty much cuter than cute in cloth though - pictures soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for cloth!! I bet you'll have a blast with it! (although it'll just add to more laundry! LOL) For what it's worth, we've NEVER had a diaper blow-out with cloth like I did with disposables in the beginning!!

tired of smiling said...

found you from mdc...

gl. with the cloth! it will be easier than you think. we started new with cloth earlier this year, and once we finally made the plunge, wondered what we were all worried about.

g.