Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Due Date to Us!

Today is 40 weeks!!! Happy birthday to our friend Libby also! It would be fun if baby joined you today!

Baby could of course come any day now, and indeed it seems baby is preparing to! I've had contractions pretty consistently for a day and a half. They are anywhere from 5 - 20 minutes apart usually lasting 30 seconds or longer. :) We're waiting to go to the hospital until they are all 5 or fewer minutes apart. If we get close to that for a solid 45 min - 1 hour this afternoon I'm going to call the doctor and see if I should come in to get checked, but otherwise I have an appointment with him tomorrow morning and then I'll be able to let everyone know how dilated I am. I was very close to calling him right before lunch and then had a 20 minute lull out of the blue. Since I know women who have gone on like this for weeks, I'm not going to get too excited yet, but if we go in tomorrow morning and find out we're 6cm, I'm staying there! How awesome would that be?

I had Rob take a photo this morning since we're nearing the very end. When I uploaded it I had to laugh realizing that I have pressure/sleep lines on my belly from laying down right beforehand. Oh well. haha. I was up all night with these contractions and didn't give a thought to how I looked in the photo. So here you have me at 39 weeks (in the pink) and today. :) Enjoy!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I hope baby comes soon, as I know how agonizing this time can be!! (but at least you're contracting!! You've got me beat there!!) You look great, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Baby pictures please!!