Thursday, November 19, 2009

Making Money Online


Last Updated: 1-19-2010

You've probably noticed some of the little advertisements over on the right of the blog. Most of them contain links that refer you to join under me. Let me briefly explain each and tell you what I've earned:


My Points: 2404 points currently
previous: 5150 points redeemed for various gift cards (Starbucks, Walmart, Cabelas, JC Penny)

I've been a member of Mypoints.com for a few years now. I learned about them through BzzAgent and have had more success with them than anyone else. I've earned points mostly through reading emails - 5 points at a time - but I've also completed quite a few of their surveys and offers. I also earn mypoints through surveys and BuzzReports at BzzAgent. Gift cards start at 1400 points for $10 and go up from there depending on the merchant and value. If you are interested in signing up, leave me a comment or email me and I'll send you an invitation.

*****

Sunshine rewards: $19.35 in 2010
$40.17 in 2009

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards


Requires $20 balance to cash out. I've only been there since November 2009! Earn money by taking daily surveys (up to $2.15 a day!) and completing free offers. It's super easy and there is a great forum with lots of support and community. The reason I signed up at all was that they were holding a referral contest - my referral and I ended up winning $25 each (that's after the balance up there)! Check out my referral, Brynna's blog for even more great ideas for making/saving money and either sign up under her through her blog or under me by clicking the banner above.

*****

Swag Bucks: 24 SB currently, $5 in paypal in 2010
2009: $20 paypal, $5 gc to Euphoria Baby

Search & Win

Swag Bucks is primarily a search engine. However, they have gained popularity and expanded into offers for points, and distributing swag codes via their blog, facebook, twitter, and youtube. Still, the easiest way to earn swag bucks is by searching. And when I say easy, I mean it! I get 2 a day on average. And then there's usually a chance for a swag code or two a day, and you can earn all kinds of sb's with their special offers. You can redeem 45 swag bucks for a $5 amazon.com gift card, or 70 swag bucks for $5 paypal cash. There are tons of other prizes to choose from as well. I am holding out until black friday or after to redeem my swag bucks because they are doing a great promotion on their gift cards from then until the end of the year. You can read here for more info on the gift card blowout, and click the banner above to sign up as my referral.

*****

Associated Content: $28.05 in 2009
previous: $82.56 in 2007-2008

Join Associated Content

I've generally gotten paid $3-$5 per article and have only written four articles this year. The rest of the payout has been from page views. I wouldn't say that I'm super-amazingly-proud of every piece of content I've submitted, but I love that I will be getting residual income from this indefinitely.

*****

Foodbuzz: $26.82 in 2009
previous: $5.90 in 2008

Foodbuzz

I love this company. In addition to paying me for advertising on my food blog, they have a great community and have sent me tons of free stuff including a spatula, apron, business cards, and food samples! I haven't had much time to work on my food blog this year, and I've still made a great amount! You should check them out, and let me know if you'd like an invite for your food blog!

*****

Upromise: $25.47
$61.79 in 2009


Most of you are probably at least aware of Upromise. You may have seen the logo at the grocery store or around the web. We don't do a lot of eating out or eating name brand foods, so we haven't earned as much there are we could have. We earned most of that balance ($50) through a partner with Upromise - E-Rewards by taking surveys. We'll be using the balance quarterly to go toward our student loans and eventually a savings account for Aidan. If you *do* shop a lot or eat out a lot, check out this link that you can shop through to benefit our family. http://www.upromise.com/guest/2189530476 And if you're family and want to register your credit card or grocery card with upromise on our behalf let me know!


2010 Totals: $49.82 so far!


2009 Totals:

Total Cash: $201.83 ($61.79 still in upromise)
Total Gift Cards: $20 (wmart, euphoriababy, starbucks
)

Feel free to ask any me anything about the specifics or my detailed opinion on the above programs, and check them out if you have time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh AWESOME!! I always think of you when I read something from Associated Press. I should look into that. So you do the BzzAgent thing to? I've heard a lot about that but don't understand it at all. What exactly is it?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and how long did it take you to get the 5000 pts through MyPoints?

As for FoodBuzz, do you have to have a food blog?

amosclarkson said...

Me! Me! As much time as I spend online, I SHOULD be getting paid for it.

Anjanette said...

Answers to questions:

BzzAgent is a company that uses the concept of word of mouth marketing to connect businesses to consumers. I've been a member since 2007 and have gotten to participate in some pretty neat campaigns. After you've been invited to join a campaign for a product and have accepted, they mail you a package of samples, coupons, information, etc. and your job is to try them, review them, and share them with friends. The more campaigns you participate in, the more perks you get and the earlier you get invited to new ones. I've gotten free gum (a lot of it) from 5 (the brand), a total of 4 free meals from Chili's, free food from boston market, and more. I am waiting for my packet from Aveeno Baby to come in the mail right now. :) I'll send you an invite, B.

I've been a member of mypoints since 5/22/08 and I have earned 6091 total. I know that I could have doubled or tripled that if I was consistent.

Yes, to do foodbuzz, you have to have a food blog specifically.

Amy, are there any that you specifically want to know more about?