Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Work

Happy news on the home front. :) Our waiting has finally ended and Rob will begin to utilize his Masters education on April 14th. (Yay, woot, horrah!) He has been applying and interviewing for managerial and administrative positions in libraries around the city for a year now even though he won't have his degree until May because he didn't want to miss an open door. That's been a bit trying for him since there's so much anticipation every time but so much competition. It finally paid off this time. :) Of course God has known all along exactly where He wanted Rob and the timing is perfect. Rob will be the assistant branch manager at a library in Overland Park, KS. He'll have a desk, and window, and a computer!!! :D Salary-wise he'll be making almost exactly what we made together before I quit working. Isn't God awesome? We knew that making the choice to be a one-income family would be a step of faith, and our God is indeed faithful!

In addition, we sold our second car and that gave us enough money to pay off the Scion. Yay for getting rid of a $300/month bill! And just for cushion, God made available my old position at the pregnancy center for about a month. They haven't found anyone to replace me full time yet and they are in transition with volunteers/part time employees, so I'm going in every day this week and then a couple of days a week until the end of April. It's nice to be back here, and Aidan is with me of course, so it's working out well.

In other non-work/money related news, I had my 6 week checkup yesterday. It went fine, I have healed well, but the doctor informed me that I have a tilted (also called tipped or retroverted) uterus. Now, I could have had this all along without knowing it since I refused pelvic exams before this, or (more likely) it was caused by labor during childbirth. It's nothing to worry about necessarily, about 20% of women have it and most don't have any adverse symptoms, but it's good to know in case we run into any trouble. The doctor also thinks that might be an explanation for my second "hemorrhage." He's not convinced that there was any retained placenta but thinks rather that there was some blood clotting that occured and welled up in my uterus because of the tilt. That makes sense since I started bleeding when I stood up and stopped suddenly after a few minutes. *shrug* who knows, but we'll keep an eye out when we get pregnant again - I've read that a tipped uterus usually rights itself before the 12th week of pregnancy.

Have I mentioned that I love my doctor? He asked me what we were planning on doing for birth control now and I of course said FAM and breastfeeding was all that we were planning. His nurse kind of seemed like she wanted to say something contrary (expected response - I'm so used to it) and he kind of ignored her and reminded me that it might be hard to chart while I'm breastfeeding, but said that he's sure we know where to find condoms if we are worried about it. That was it - he didn't even mention pills or anything else (out of respect) and to her credit, the nurse only said "as long as you guys are fine with getting pregnant, it's no big deal." She could have gone on! lol! We hope for a nice long break, but if I happen to be one of those women who isn't affected by breastfeeding, we'd be just fine. I might post later about the details of EBF (ecological breastfeeding) for those that aren't familiar if I find some time. It's fascinating in my opinion.

2 comments:

JustLilia said...

I am so glad to hear all of your good news!

And my doctor was a little iffy about EBF, but it's worked for us;) No periods yet anyway. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job news! That's wonderful! (I have a good friend from Overland Park, btw!)

I have a tipped uterus as well, but mine is opposite of most and tips further forward than normal. I don't believe it's affect our TTC journeys (even though those have been pretty long) but it does make for awful, painfully centralized cramps during my period. Ack.

If you ever want to chat about charting during EBF'ing, let me know! I started at 1 month PP and while I saw nothing for months and months, I was able to see my first ovulation coming at 10 months PP (I'd had a few anovulatory periods prior, but I knew exactly what they were because I was charting).