Sunday, June 10, 2007

2 becomes 3

For a few days at the end of May I was feeling dizzy and all around kinda crummy. My throat hurt a little and smells were getting to me. I mentioned to Rob one afternoon that I was feeling a bit nauseated and he replied with, "honey, you're always nauseated." He was kind of right... nausea tends to be my body's default reaction to lack of sleep or an impending cold or that time of the month... so I put it to the back of my mind. Sure enough, as soon as I stopped thinking about them, all symptoms went away. About a week later, on Saturday June 2nd, I got a call from my best friend Jen informing me that she's expecting. We've known each other since we were 2 so I chalked it up to some weird premonition and having symptoms on her behalf.

Fast forward 4 days... it's day 29 of my cycle. Rob and I practice the Fertility Awarenes Method of birth control (a type of Natural Family Planning) so I am pretty aware of changes in my cycle. I knew I ovulated on day 14, and the theory is that you always start menstruating 14 days after you ovulate, which would have been day 28. Now, I tend to have long cycles - sometimes as long as 35 days - so I wasn't particularly worried, but I decided to take a test anyway since I was technically "late." Sure enough... two lines.

So when our baby was only 15 days old, we found out we've been blessed with a new life. Today is day 19. Fetal heartbeats have been detected at as early as 18 days. :) Jen and I have due dates about 6 days apart - we're expecting on February 16, 2008. Now that we are a family of 3 instead of 2, we'll be using his blog to keep everyone updated. Praise the Lord with us!

1 comment:

Hastey Words said...

Hooray AJ, Rob and Baby! Congrats, friends. If there's anything Becky and I can do to help out in the coming months (or years, for that matter) please let us know. And in case I haven't expressed this already, YAY!